You are only 45 minutes away from a homemade pizza! Top this dough with your favourite pizza toppings: mozzarella, basil, pepperoni
Makes 3 boules or 6 demi-boules:
- 100g water water
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 180g ‘OO’ flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Semolina to dust
- In a medium mixing bowl add all of the ingredients. Mix together with a wooden spoon or silicone spatula until a shaggy dough forms. Set dough on a clean, dry work surface and knead until dough passes the window-test. Form into a round.
- Lightly olive oil a clean mixing bowl. Set rounded dough into bowl and rotate to coat dough with olive oil. Lightly cover with oiled cling film, then set dough in a warm place. Allow to rise for 30 minutes. In the meantime, prepare your pizza toppings. Place pizza stone in cold oven then heat oven to 250C fan assisted.
- After 30 minutes, remove dough from bowl. Shape into thin pizza crust by gently stretch dough across your closed fist. Dust a pizza peel with semolina then place dough on top. Add desired toppings, then quickly transfer pizza to the hot oven directly onto the pizza stone. Bake 10-15 minutes until crust is a dark golden colour.
- If you don’t have a warm spot in your kitchen, heat oven to its lowest temperature, turn it off, then add dough and allow to rise. 30-35C is the ideal rising temperature.
- Be adventurous with toppings: try a white pizza with mozzarella, roasted fennel and thinly sliced onions.
- To make ahead, store the dough in a well-oiled plastic bag in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Allow to sit outside of fridge for 10 minutes before shaping.