Location: Islington, N1
Hours: Full-time, min 35 hours per week (including weekends)
Start Date: Immediate
Borough Kitchen is looking for a results-driven, experienced assistant retail store manager for our Islington branch to work with our existing store manager and team and be responsible for the overall store management. The successful candidate will be passionate about food and able to enhance customer satisfaction, drive sales and profitability goals and manage staff effectively. The role will include both weekend days and at least 35 hours per week.
Key Job Components
- Meeting sales goals by training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to the sales team
- Helping to manage and develop a high-quality team of enthusiastic sales associates
- Overseeing all aspects of the customer experience, ensuring a consistently excellent service to all of our customers with a focus on building long-term relationships
- Working with the store manager to analyse sales trends, ensure key products are in stock and liaising with our purchasing manager to optimise inventory levels and ordering
- Administrating store compliance with policies and procedures
- Maintaining outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Reporting on buying trends, customer needs, profits, and other key trends
Key Skills and Characteristics
- A genuine passion for cooking and entertaining
- Proven successful experience in a retail environment
- Powerful leadership skills and business orientation
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- This role is physically demanding with heavy lifting and physical activity required throughout the day
- You will be required to work Christmas Eve and Boxing Day
Our busiest months are November/December and our busiest days of the week are Saturdays and Sundays, so we would expect our manager to work during these periods.
Compensation will be based on experience and tied to sales targets and regular performance appraisals. Our team is also able to benefit from our industry-leading team discount programme.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Borough Kitchen is an equal opportunities employer and we treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee.
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com with the following documents in "pdf" (Adobe Acrobat) file format:
- In the email subject line, include the Position of the role for which you are applying
- Your CV
- Covering Letter introducing yourself, stating which position you would like to apply for and why you would be a great fit with our team
- Your Favourite Recipe: a dish you love to make for friends/family. Explain why you love this recipe and if this is a personal recipe or one from family or friends. Describe how to prepare it and what else you would serve alongside your dish.