HOURS: 40 hours per week
LOCATION: Islington Square, N1
REPORTS TO: Head of eCommerce
START DATE: ASAP
About Borough Kitchen:
Borough Kitchen is a London-based cook shop and cook school fuelled by a team that loves to cook, with four retail locations (Borough Market, Chiswick, Hampstead and Islington) and an eCommerce shop. We take pride in selling quality-tested kitchen and tableware that’s built to last, making the act of cooking and dining enjoyable whether it’s Christmas or a regular Tuesday night. Our cook school focuses on building skills and techniques that students can use long after class ends.
You will be responsible for ensuring the website is maintained to the highest standard, including the management and merchandising of products and optimising the customer journey to improve conversion rates and online KPI’s. As part of this role, you’ll report to the Head of eCommerce, but you’ll work across teams, including marketing, purchasing, and retail to ensure we provide customers with a seamless online/offline experience.
Trading and Performance:
- Management of the day to day trading and execution of website
- Daily review and optimisation of the website, including merchandising, navigation, search results in line with customer behaviour to maintain growth and drive online sales
- Identifying trends and feedback actionable insights to the wider team
- Responsible for the end to end management of products, from initial loading and optimisation, to end of life.
- Work with the buying team and suppliers to continually develop product information and imagery
- Loading and maintenance of blog posts
- Responsible for managing and completing ad-hoc site requests from the wider business
- Support the eCommerce and Marketing team with testing emails, website development projects
- Uploading and maintenance of cook school events, calendars and content
- Working with our developers, systems providers and other vendors to address bugs or issues with the site and connections to our back-end systems, including the ERP
Systems and Reporting:
- Support on weekly and monthly reporting and implement all subsequent weekly actions
- Feed into monthly, seasonal and campaign reporting as required
- Competitor / innovator monitoring, including pricing analysis
- Continual data analysis and optimisations
- Collaborative and hands-on team player
- Analytical with strong reporting skills and attention to detail
- Interested in becoming proficient in new systems via on-the-job training, training modules and personal development
- Ideal: experience working with Shopify and/or Netsuite, or other comparable eCommerce platforms or ERPs; 2-3 years experience working in eCommerce
Salary and company benefits
- Competitive salary
- Industry-leading discount programme on products for our employees
- Complimentary Cook School classes
- Company Sick Pay
- Access to our employee assistance programme which includes free counselling sessions, free financial and legal advice, discounts and cashback offers for over 1200+ brands, and many other offerings around health and wellbeing
Equal Opportunity Employer
Borough Kitchen is an equal opportunities employer and we treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee.
How to Apply
If you’re an organised individual, who is hard-working, reliable and loves to work as part of a team, we would love to hear from you. Please email email@example.com with the following documents in "pdf" (Adobe Acrobat) file format:
- In the email subject line, include the Position of the role for which you are applying
- Your CV
- Covering Letter introducing yourself and why you would be a great fit with our team
- Your Favourite Recipe: a dish you love to make for friends/family. Explain why you love this recipe and if this is a personal recipe or one from family or friends. Describe how to prepare it and what else you would serve alongside your dish.