Location: Upper Street N1 and home working
Type: Part-time. 30 hours per week. Hours can be spread across 5 days or flexible with 3-4 days if preferred.
Salary: Experience Dependent
Proposed starting date: Immediate
We’re looking for a Human Resources Manager with at least 5 years of experience to support 50+ employees at our growing retail business with four locations in central London and a strong online presence. This role will report directly to the owners of the business and the successful candidate will lead on HR policies and procedures, daily HR operations, recruiting, onboarding and off-boarding, and working with internal and external partners and be a driven self-starter. Initially the role will be predominantly office-based, but over time the successful candidate will be able to spend more time working from home. Hours may be agreed on a flexible basis to accommodate childcare commitments.
HR Admin and Governance
- Manage the onboarding process, ensuring contracts and right-to-work checks are completed, inductions are prepared, references obtained, and new starters are reviewed before the end of their probationary period
- Ensure all HR documentation and employee records are digitally collected, filed, and updated as needed,
- Ensure all new starters are set up for success on their first day.
- Create and update process flows and documentation for all HR operating processes and policies.
- Proactively review processes and internal policies to continually improve efficiencies and ways of working.
- Assist store managers and line managers with employee relations matters (capability, sales and training, absence management, disciplinary and other issues) within the company’s policy guidelines to ensure appropriate outcomes and to mitigate risk.
- Provide support to all team members in all aspects of absence management, including annual leave allowances and maternity/paternity assessments.
- Chair our Diversity & Inclusion committee
- Support the owners and line managers to drive the annual performance and salary review process.
Recruitment & Retention
- Post job adverts across multiple platforms including Indeed and LinkedIn
- Recruit a highly talented and diverse workforce
- Managing the recruitment mailbox, replying to job postings, contacting candidates, conducting initial screening interviews, coordinating with hiring managers to make final hiring decisions
- Develop and implement a retention strategy, in conjunction with your internal partners
- Working with external accounting partners, ensure the timely and accurate delivery of payroll related reporting on a monthly basis
- Initiate and implement continuous improvements related to payroll processes
- Submit changes in the payroll to the accounting team (e.g. new starters, leavers, salary increases, statutory maternity pay, bonuses and timesheets).
- Assist in ad hoc tasks and various projects (e.g. salary cost analysis and budgeting)
Characteristics & Competencies
- 5 years or more in a human resources or related role
- Ability to project a welcoming and professional attitude at all times.
- Attention to detail and commitment to raising standards across the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create, edit and deliver all types of discipline and performance documentation
- Ability to communicate and mediate conversations across the organisation
- Competency in GSuite and MS Office
- A genuine passion for cooking and entertaining
Equal Opportunity Employer
Borough Kitchen is an equal opportunities employer and we treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee.
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents in "pdf" (Adobe Acrobat) file format:
- In the email subject line, include the Position of the role for which you are applying
- Your CV
- Covering Letter introducing yourself, stating which position you would like to apply for and why you would be a great fit with our team
- Your Favourite Recipe: a dish you love to make for friends/family. Explain why you love this recipe and if this is a personal recipe or one from family or friends. Describe how to prepare it and what else you would serve alongside your dish.