Reporting to: Head of eCommerce
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Islington Square
Start Date: ASAP
This is a maternity cover role for an initial period of 6 months with the possibility to extend further after that.
Borough Kitchen is a London-based cook shop and cook school fueled by a team that loves to cook. We take pride in selling products of the highest quality that are made to last, making the act of cooking and dining enjoyable whether it’s Christmas or a regular Tuesday night. Our cook school focuses on building skills and techniques that students can use long after class ends.
The role will shape, coordinate and execute our omni-channel marketing strategy within a growing, entrepreneurial company for our in-store/online campaigns as well as manage Social Media and Public Relations. We’re looking for a self-starter who knows what good looks like and is happy to work independently. We’re a young business and we all roll up our sleeves to get a lot done across all parts of the business. This role requires someone with strong communication skills, who is very organised and passionate about food and cooking. This person will work with the Head of eCommerce and our founders.
- Maintain and implement Marketing Calendar
- Implement local area marketing strategies for stores
- In-season planning and execution of product campaigns and brand projects
- Work with buying team on brand-focused campaigns
- Marketing of Cook School
- Coordinate in-store signage, and coordinate monthly window and merchandising displays
- Grow and maintain external brand partnerships and relationships
- Assist the eCommerce team with email marketing campaigns
- Assist with planning and execution of seasonal photoshoots
- Work with the eCommerce Director to build a social media strategy that complements the wider activities of the business
- Take ownership of the planning and scheduling of the social media calendar
- Create social media content (posts, stories and video), and maintain regular posting across our channels, including Instagram, Facebook & Pinterest.
- Implement Influencer and Affiliate strategies to grow social following and increase sales
- Provide a monthly summary report on the performance of our social channels
- Manage all PR activities, actively reaching out to publications to generate PR
- Respond to all press and media related inquiries
- Generate and run events in stores
- Assist with content for the website, such as product descriptions, recipes, etc
- Assist the eCommerce team during peak periods
The Ideal Candidate
- Has 2-5 years of experience in retail marketing
- Has a passion for cooking and depth of industry knowledge
- Can adapt strategies in a fast-paced environment
- Has organised and detail-oriented methods of working
- Brings ideas, solutions and enthusiasm to every meeting
- Works well in a team by communicating clearly, helps others when needed, and gives as well as accepts constructive feedback
Equal Opportunity Employer
Borough Kitchen is an equal opportunities employer and we treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee.
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents in "pdf" (Adobe Acrobat) file format:
- In the email subject line, include the Position of the role for which you are applying
- Your CV
- Covering Letter introducing yourself, stating which position you would like to apply for and why you would be a great fit with our team
- Your Favourite Recipe: a dish you love to make for friends/family. Explain why you love this recipe and if this is a personal recipe or one from family or friends. Describe how to prepare it and what else you would serve alongside your dish.