JOB TITLE: Part-time Cook School Assistant
HOURS: 18-22 hours/week, with possibility of more hours
LOCATION: Chiswick, W4
Borough Kitchen is looking to hire a part-time Cook School Assistant who is a reliable, friendly, flexible, dedicated individual with strong attention to detail and is passionate about food and cooking. This role will be part-time to start, with the opportunity to grow into a full-time position if desired. The role requires 2-4 evening shifts per week, each shift normally from 16:00 to 22:30. You’ll also be required to spend a few hours per week to clean the cook school and to order products. This is a fun role where you will get to share your passion for food with many different people.
Key Job Components
- Maintaining the Cook School's high standards, e.g. our strict health and safety guidelines, cleaning/tidying up, preparing laundry for collection, etc.
- Ordering groceries and supplies and maintaining stock levels
- Assisting the chef instructors by organising all ingredients and equipment before every class or event, including weigh-ups and food prep (mise en place)
- Ensuring that our customers feel comfortable and enjoy their experience
Key Skills and Characteristics
- Excellent communication skills
- A genuine passion for cooking and teaching
- Culinary education or experience would be a bonus (but not necessary)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Borough Kitchen is an equal opportunities employer and we treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee.
How to Apply:
If you’re an organised individual, who is hard-working, reliable and loves to work as part of a team, we would love to hear from you. Please email email@example.com and include in the subject line the position you are applying for. Please send the following documents in "pdf" (Adobe Acrobat) file format:
- Your CV
- Covering Letter introducing yourself and why you would be a great fit with our team
- Your Favourite Recipe: a dish you love to make for friends/family. Explain why you love this recipe and if this is a personal recipe or one from family or friends. Describe how to prepare it and what else you would serve alongside your dish.