JOB TITLE: Part-time Cook School Teaching Chef
HOURS: 6-30 hours/week (evenings 16:30 - 22:00)
LOCATION: Hampstead NW3 | Chiswick W4 | Islington N1
START DATE: April 2022
Our Cook School continues to grow and move from strength to strength. We are now looking to add a freelance Teaching Chef/Tutor to our team. The successful applicant will be working across all three of our cook schools, teaching a variety of cuisines.
We focus heavily on the skills and techniques of cookery - not individual recipes. Class sizes are small so each student can get individualised attention from our instructors to ensure maximum learning. Our Tutors are supported by a cook school assistant during every class.
- Leading our skill- and technique-based classes
- Providing a second-to-none customer experience
- Pre-class prep
- Post-class closing
Key Skills and Characteristics
- A culinary education (or in-depth experience), preferably both cuisine and pastry
- Excellent communicator
- Passion for cooking and transferring knowledge
- Experience in culinary teaching
- Hygiene & allergen qualifications
Equal Opportunity Employer
Borough Kitchen is an equal opportunities employer and we treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee.
How to Apply:
If you’re an organised individual, who is hard-working, reliable and loves to work as part of a team, we would love to hear from you. Please email email@example.com and include in the subject line the position you are applying for. Please send the following documents in "pdf" (Adobe Acrobat) file format:
- Your CV
- Cover letter focusing on why you are suitable for the role and what you can bring to the team