Reporting to: Head of eCommerce
Hours: Approx 20 hours per week
Location: Islington Square
Start Date: ASAP
Borough Kitchen is a London-based cook shop and cook school fuelled by a team that loves to cook. We take pride in selling products of the highest quality that are made to last, making the act of cooking and dining enjoyable whether it’s Christmas or a regular Tuesday night. Our cook school focuses on building skills and techniques that students can use long after class ends.
The role will shape, coordinate and execute our social media marketing strategy within a growing, entrepreneurial company, highlighting our service as a retailer and cook school and building the Borough Kitchen brand. We’re looking for a self-starter with strong communication skills who is passionate about food and cooking. We’re a young business and we all roll up our sleeves to get a lot done across all parts of the business. This role requires someone who can build brand awareness and ultimately generate revenue through our social media channels.
- Work with the Marketing team to build a social media strategy that complements the wider activities of the business
- Create social media content (posts, stories and video), including taking original photos and making videos, and maintain regular posting across our channels, including Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & LinkedIn.
- Take ownership of the planning and scheduling of the social media calendar
- Implement Influencer and Affiliate strategies to grow social following and increase sales
- Provide a monthly summary report on the performance of our social channels.
- Assist in planning and styling seasonal campaign photoshoots
- Manage the strategy and plans for general PR activities
The Ideal Candidate
- Has 2-5 years of experience in social media marketing for a retail business
- Food/product styling and photography skills are a must
- Captures and edits content to a very high standard
- Has a passion for cooking and industry knowledge
- Can adapt strategies in a fast-paced environment
- Has organised and detail-oriented methods of working
- Brings ideas, solutions and enthusiasm to every meeting
- Works well in a team by communicating clearly, helping others when needed, and giving as well as accepting constructive feedback
Equal Opportunity Employer
Borough Kitchen is an equal opportunities employer and we treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee.
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents in "pdf" (Adobe Acrobat) file format:
- In the email subject line, include the Position of the role for which you are applying
- Your CV
- Covering Letter introducing yourself, stating which position you would like to apply for and why you would be a great fit with our team
- Your Favourite Recipe: a dish you love to make for friends/family. Explain why you love this recipe and if this is a personal recipe or one from family or friends. Describe how to prepare it and what else you would serve alongside your dish.