Location: Islington, N1
Hours: Full-time (including weekends)
Start Date: Immediate
Borough Kitchen is looking to hire an experienced Store Manager who is passionate about food and keen to work in an entrepreneurial environment. The successful candidate will be able to enhance customer satisfaction, meet sales and profitability goals and manage team members effectively. They will have exceptional selling, training and recruiting experience and will manage the day-to-day operations at our Islington Square location.
Key Job Components
- Meeting sales goals by training, motivating, mentoring and providing intensive product education and feedback to sales associates
- Managing all aspects of the customer experience, ensuring a consistently industry-leading service to all of our customers with a focus on building long-term relationships and a dramatic in-store atmosphere, including live demonstrations
- Being a Borough Kitchen brand ambassador, selling the company to our customers and team, highlighting your team's successes and exceptional product knowledge
- Promoting our services, including wedding registry, personal shopping, interior designer/architect trade programme, in-store cook school classes, and private events
- Recruiting, managing and developing a high-quality team of enthusiastic sales associates
- Analysing sales trends, ensuring key products are in stock and liaising with our purchasing manager to optimise inventory levels and ordering
- Managing payroll and store budget
- Overseeing all store administration and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures
- Maintaining outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Building long-term relationships with customers
- Reporting on buying trends, customer needs, profits, and other key trends
Key Skills and Characteristics
- A genuine passion for cooking and entertaining
- Proven sales and training track-record
- Successful experience as a retail manager or a highly experienced assistant manager looking to take their next step
- Strong leadership skills and business orientation
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Our busiest months are November/December and our busiest days of the week are Saturdays and Sundays, so we would expect our manager to work during these periods.
Compensation will be based on experience and tied to sales targets and regular performance appraisals. Our team is also able to benefit from our industry-leading team discount programme.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Borough Kitchen is an equal opportunities employer and we treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee.
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents in "pdf" (Adobe Acrobat) file format:
- In the email subject line, include the Position of the role for which you are applying
- Your CV
- Covering Letter introducing yourself, stating which position you would like to apply for and why you would be a great fit with our team
- Your Favourite Recipe: a dish you love to make for friends/family. Explain why you love this recipe and if this is a personal recipe or one from family or friends. Describe how to prepare it and what else you would serve alongside your dish.