This charming espresso cup from Jars Ceramistes is a new addition to our range. Handmade in the south of France, this hardwearing stoneware piece blends traditional styling with a pearlised glazed for a stunning contemporary effect.
Why we love it
- Hand made in the South of France
- Hardwearing stoneware piece
- Dishwasher safe
About The Brand
Jars’ history spans more than 150 years. Founded by a potter named Pierre Jars, deeply guarded craft secrets have been passed down through generations to make out-of-the-ordinary ceramics and glazes in their factory in Anneyron, France. This know-how has earned Jars prestigious EPV (French Companies of Living Heritage) status.
Since nature is a constant source of inspiration for Jars, they take care to implement eco-friendly practices like:
- Firing their products only once at high heat, significantly reducing energy use
- Recycling water and china clay mixes, ensuring no pollutants extend to the factory’s surrounding areas
- Recycling exhaust heat from the kilns for use in the biscuit (clay) dryers
We love the soft, organic shapes of their Maguelone range, as well as the artfully ‘cracked’ glazes of their Tourron range.Shop Jars