A great sauce can elevate even the humblest of meals. This technique-driven class will delve deep into the science behind various stocks, emulsions and sauces, focusing on the five mother sauces of French cuisine. You'll learn how to make:
- Béchamel, a creamy sauce made from white roux and cheese
- Velouté, a blonde roux-based sauce for richer soups
- Hollandaise, a tricky (but worth it) sauce for Eggs Benedict and so much more
- Mayonnaise, which is 100% better when homemade
- Tomato sauce
- Chicken and vegetable stock
At the end of the class you will sit down and taste all the sauces via a meal of vegetable lasagna, tarragon and mushroom soup, and roasted vegetables with hollandaise.
Age Restriction: 16+
Main Allergen(s): Eggs, dairy, gluten
This class is suitable for vegetarians and pescetarians.
Why we love it
'A foundational class that will inform your understanding of *all* sauces.'