17.5cm-long and weighing just 350g, the Wacaco Minipresso GR extracts an excellent 50ml shot of espresso anywhere it is made. (You can enjoy it in a separate class or straight from the cap.) The Minipresso's ease of use is derived from its innovative design. It uses a semi-automatic piston to inject small quantities of water into the coffee adapter and achieve the optimal extraction pressure to make a rich and bold espresso. All the tools, including the scoop and cleaning brush, fit inside the cup so the machine is self-contained. It is very simple to use:
1. Add finely ground coffee to the filter basket with the help of an integrated scoop
2. Tamper to level the grind
3. Add hot water into the water tank
4. Unlock the piston from its locked position until it protrudes; then pump a few times to pressurise and infuse the grind
5. Keep pressing the piston to release the espresso with crema
Made of BPA-free plastic, the Minipresso GR is not microwave-safe; hand wash only.
Why we love it
'A very impressive manual espresso maker—it's easy to use and makes delicious coffee.'