We have a very strict cancellation policy: As this is a ticketed event that we have to prepare for in advance, we are unable to make any exceptions to these rules.
You must notify us, by email or in-store, 10 business days before your scheduled class to get a full refund. You can transfer your seat to a different date or class if you notify us 5 business days before your scheduled class. Please note you can only do this twice.
Extra measures have been implemented to keep our cook school a safe, clean environment, including the placement of hand sanitiser on our worktops in addition to antibacterial soap by our kitchen sinks. If you are feeling unwell, or worried about falling ill, please let us know if you are unable to attend our cook school at least 48 hours before the start of your class, so we can protect our instructors' schedules and limit food waste.
No refund or transfer of purchase will be given for cancellations received within 5 business days of the date of the class booked.
Cancellation Policy - Cook School Private Hire
To cancel a class, you must notify us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, even if you have informed us via phone call. A full refund is available if you notify us more than one month before the scheduled class. If you cancel 10 business days in advance of the scheduled class, we can offer a 50% refund. Unfortunately, any cancellations after this 10-business-day window are nonrefundable. To adjust the number of attendees, we require advanced notice of 5 business days.
Borough Kitchen Cook School Terms and Conditions
By booking a course with Borough Kitchen Cook School, you agree to accept these terms and conditions. If you are booking a course for someone in addition to/other than yourself, you agree to accept these terms and conditions on their behalf.
Health & Safety
All participants should wear shoes with flat soles and covered toes. We are not liable for any damage which occurs to clothing. Long hair should be tied back in the kitchen. All participants will receive a short briefing on health and safety before commencing the class. You agree to:
- adhere to the health and safety requirements as described in the class;
- obey any instructions given to you by your tutor;
- maintain a reasonable standard of cleanliness; and
- maintain a reasonable standard of safe behaviour
- in certain classes 14 and 15-year-olds may attend, providing they are accompanied by an adult who is also taking the class. The adult is fully responsible for the behaviour of the child.
Borough Kitchen Cook School will not be responsible for, or have any liability to you for:
- accidental damage or injury resulting from the actions or omissions of anyone attending the course;
- any loss of income or revenue, loss of profits or contracts; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of our breach of contract or negligence. This does not exclude or limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude our liability.
Payment must be made in full at the time of booking. See our Cancellation Policy for information on cancellations, refunds, and transfers of purchase.
- We will provide the ingredients, utensils, knives, equipment and aprons for all courses. In addition, you will receive the recipes used during the class via email following the class.
- Borough Kitchen Cook School agrees to provide the cookery classes with reasonable care and skill
- You are responsible for ensuring that the details you submit on the booking form are correct and up to date (even if the seat has been purchased for someone else). In particular, you must inform us of any food allergies or dietary requirements. You must notify us of any changes to your details
- You must be at least 16 years old to attend one of our classes on your own. By submitting a booking form you warrant that at the time of the cookery class you will be 16 years old or over. Borough Kitchen Cook School reserves the right to require proof of age at the commencement of your cookery class and to refuse attendance if you do not have proof of age. 14 and 15-year-olds are permitted to attend only specified classes, and only when accompanied by an adult who is also taking the class.
Whilst we will endeavour to provide the cookery classes in accordance with our promotional materials, we reserve the right to make variations to the dishes. Courses may include alcoholic beverages. Borough Kitchen Cook School reserves the right to ask for proof of age before serving alcohol. If proof of age is not available, no alcohol will be served, but a selection of soft drinks may be.
Allergies and Dietary Restrictions
You must notify the Borough Kitchen Cook School of any allergies or dietary restrictions upon purchase of a class. Each class jas the main allergies listed in the class descriptions, as well as dietary restrictions that we can adapt the class for. The Borough Kitchen Cook School will do its best to honour any allergies or dietary restrictions, but cannot guarantee that all products used in the class of free of allergens.