By booking a course with Borough Kitchen Cook School, you agree to accept these terms and conditions. If you are booking a course for someone in addition to/other than yourself, you agree to accept these terms and conditions on their behalf.
Our cook school classes are live, ticketed events with a small number of students; staff are booked and ingredients are purchased in advance. Due to these factors—and to prevent significant increases in our ticket prices—we operate with a strict cancellation policy, and are not able to offer flexibility for late cancellations.
If a cancellation is requested 10 business days before a scheduled class, we will issue a full refund. If we are notified 5 business days before a scheduled class, we can transfer the seat to a different date. (Please note we can only do this twice.) If a seat is cancelled within 5 full business days of a class, we are unable to offer a refund or transfer for any reason, including illness. By full business days, we mean five nights between the day of cancellation and day of class—for example, a call on Friday to cancel the following Friday's class is valid, but a call on Monday to cancel that Friday's class is not. There are no exceptions. Unlike restaurants, we are not able to rely on 'walk-ins' to take up unused bookings after this cut-off period.
We understand this can be frustrating. If possible, we recommend passing the ticket(s) on to somebody else who can attend in the seat holder's place.
Cancellation Policy for Private Events
To cancel a class, you must notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, even if you have informed us via phone call. A full refund is available if you notify us more than one month before the scheduled class. If you cancel 10 business days in advance of the scheduled class, we can offer a 50% refund. Unfortunately, any cancellations after this 10-business-day window are nonrefundable. To adjust the number of attendees, we require advanced notice of 5 business days.
Health & Safety
All participants should wear shoes with flat soles and covered toes. We are not liable for any damage which occurs to clothing. Long hair should be tied back in the kitchen. All participants will receive a short briefing on health and safety before commencing the class. You agree to:
- Adhere to the health and safety requirements as described in the class
- Obey any instructions given to you by your tutor
- Maintain a reasonable standard of cleanliness
- Maintain a reasonable standard of safe behaviour
- In classes that 14 and 15-year-olds may attend, the adult they are accompanied by is fully responsible for the behaviour of the child
- Wash hands before class and throughout class, as instructed
Borough Kitchen Cook School will not be responsible for, or have any liability to you for:
- Accidental damage or injury resulting from the actions or omissions of anyone attending the course
- Any loss of income or revenue, loss of profits or contracts
- Any indirect or consequential loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of our breach of contract or negligence. This does not exclude or limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude our liability
Payment must be made in full at the time of booking. See our Cancellation Policy for information on cancellations, refunds, and transfers of purchase.
- We will provide the ingredients, utensils, knives, equipment and aprons for all courses. In addition, you will receive the recipes used during the class via email following the class
- Borough Kitchen Cook School agrees to provide the cookery classes with reasonable care and skill
- You are responsible for ensuring that the details you submit on the booking form are correct and up to date (even if the seat has been purchased for someone else). In particular, you must inform us of any food allergies or dietary requirements. You must notify us of any changes to your details
- You must be at least 16 years old to attend one of our classes on your own. By submitting a booking form you warrant that at the time of the cookery class you will be 16 years old or over. Borough Kitchen Cook School reserves the right to require proof of age at the commencement of your cookery class and to refuse attendance if you do not have proof of age. 14 and 15-year-olds are permitted to attend only specified classes, and only when accompanied by an adult who is also taking the class
Whilst we will endeavour to provide the cookery classes in accordance with our promotional materials, we reserve the right to make variations to the dishes. Courses may include alcoholic beverages. Borough Kitchen Cook School reserves the right to ask for proof of age before serving alcohol. If proof of age is not available, no alcohol will be served, but a selection of soft drinks may be.
Allergies and Dietary Restrictions
You must notify the Borough Kitchen Cook School of any allergies or dietary restrictions upon the purchase of a ticket. Main allergens can be found within our Allergen Matrix which is downloadable within the class description under, ‘Product Details - Allergens’. As allergens are present in our kitchen and some of our ingredients have 'may contain' warnings, we cannot guarantee menu items will be completely free from a specific allergen.
Cook School Gift Cards: 2024 Update
Due to rising costs of operation, we are increasing the price of our 2024 classes to £125 per seat. This allows us to maintain our standards for sourcing high-quality ingredients, as well as fairly compensating our cook school team. If you have an existing £115 or £230 cook school voucher, it can be redeemed for any scheduled cook school class without extra charge – this class must be booked before 15 April 2024. Cook school gift cards valued at other amounts can be redeemed at their face value.
To book, email email@example.com with the voucher number, as well as the class, location and date you would like to attend. Please include allergens and dietary restrictions. You can also email us at this address if you have any Borough Kitchen gift cards that are unused but expired – we will reinstate the card for you.