This Grey Roaster from Jars is beautiful and practical. All components of their beautiful stoneware are carefully selected and totally natural. In consideration for the environment, they developed a unique firing process to save energy by firing only once, rather than the standard 3 times, at 1285°C. This extremely high heat make the ceramics very robust. The pieces do not chip, keep their original strong colours and have been tested to be microwave and dishwasher safe. This roaster features a contrast of matte and gloss glaze which gives it both an organic and contemporary feel.
Available in 16.5 x 12cm and 26.5 x 19 x 6cm.
Why we love it
- Hand made in the south of France
- Contrasting matte and gloss glaze
- Microwave & dishwasher safe
About The Brand
Jars’ history spans more than 150 years. Founded by a potter named Pierre Jars, deeply guarded craft secrets have been passed down through generations to make out-of-the-ordinary ceramics and glazes in their factory in Anneyron, France. This know-how has earned Jars prestigious EPV (French Companies of Living Heritage) status.
Since nature is a constant source of inspiration for Jars, they take care to implement eco-friendly practices like:
- Firing their products only once at high heat, significantly reducing energy use
- Recycling water and china clay mixes, ensuring no pollutants extend to the factory’s surrounding areas
- Recycling exhaust heat from the kilns for use in the biscuit (clay) dryers
We love the soft, organic shapes of their Maguelone range, as well as the artfully ‘cracked’ glazes of their Tourron range.Shop Jars