This homemade chilli oil makes an ideal gift and can be personalised to your own taste. Pick your oil, grab some dried chillis (or herbs, or anything you fancy) and get started.
Ingredients- 250ml oil of your choice
- 1 dried red whole chilli of your choice (or try different options, experiment!)
Choose your oil:
Olive oil - for salads & pizzas
Sesame oil - garnishing stir fries
Vegetable or groundnut - for cooking
Other flavour options that we love:
Herbs - Rosemary or Thyme, for herby salad dressings or roasted vegetables
Other - Lemon or Garlic, to add an extra something to your recipes
- Put chillies in a clip-top bottle and slowly pour in your oil
- Heat a large pot of water to a low heat and stand the filled oil bottle into the water; let stand for 10 minutes
- Leave the bottle in a cool place for 2 weeks and give the bottle a gentle shake every so often.
- This oil is a perfect gift - cheap and easy to make and with that personal touch that people love.
- Make sure you only use dried chillis and herbs when you're infusing oil. Fresh ingredients don't keep as long, and can go off over time.
- Store for up to three months