This recipe takes a rich, life-affirming cold brew and gives it some extra mystery. The spice is very subtle, so if you want it to be more prominent add more, and if you don't want any spice at all, just omit it. Serve with milk or ice if desired.
- 80g coffee grounds (medium to coarse)
- 1L cold or room-temperature water
- 1 tsp any ground spice (optional)
- Hario Cold Brew Coffee Pot 1L
- Put the coffee grounds in the filter
- Feel free to add 1 tsp of a spice of your choice; cinnamon and five-spice are great options, as is a mix of cardamom and ginger if you want a chai feel; stir with the coffee grounds to disperse
- Add the water up to capacity (1 litre)
- Leave in the fridge for 8-12 hours; take out the filter and enjoy!
- If you don’t have the cold brew pot, mix the ingredients in a container and strain through a fine mesh sieve after brewing
- You can add sugar either at the start (ie with the coffee grounds) or when you serve
- If storing, leave coffee in the pot and remove the filter