This charming Coquetier Egg Cup from Jars Cantine collection is exclusive to Borough Kitchen. Made in the South of France using traditional manufacturing techniques this egg cup will add a pop of colour to any breakfast table.
This piece can be pre-heated in a low oven (max 150°C) from room temperature. It should not be used for cooking. Over 200°C and in particular when using oil, the crackled-effect glaze can ‘open’ and may let colours of cooked foods in, therefore making it impossible to remove.
Why we love it
- Each piece is unique
- Hand made in the South of France
- Contemporary elegance with an organic feel
About The Brand
Jars’ history spans more than 150 years. Founded by a potter named Pierre Jars, deeply guarded craft secrets have been passed down through generations to make out-of-the-ordinary ceramics and glazes in their factory in Anneyron, France. This know-how has earned Jars prestigious EPV (French Companies of Living Heritage) status.
Since nature is a constant source of inspiration for Jars, they take care to implement eco-friendly practices like:
- Firing their products only once at high heat, significantly reducing energy use
- Recycling water and china clay mixes, ensuring no pollutants extend to the factory’s surrounding areas
- Recycling exhaust heat from the kilns for use in the biscuit (clay) dryers
We love the soft, organic shapes of their Maguelone range, as well as the artfully ‘cracked’ glazes of their Tourron range.Shop Jars