This Kai Strop with Polishing Cream Set will keep your knives at their tip-top best. The strop has an ergonomic handle made of beechwood. The leather strip and polishing cream will leave the edge of the knife blade like new.
- Rub the leather with a nut size amount of polishing cream
- Massage it uniformly into the leather and allow it to soak in and dry for at least 5 minutes; this procedure does not have to be done every time - only when it feels that the effect is diminished
- Rub the knife on the leather in line with the angle of the blade; doing this on both sides of the blade about a dozen times will increase the sharpness of the knife and leave the edge with a polished look
This polishing process is extremely effective as the cream is enriched with chromium oxide which contains a very fine grain. Made in Japan.
Why we love it
- Most effective way to hone & polish with ease
- Extremely easy to use
- Very fine grit on the leather gives perfect results
About The Brand
Since its founding in 1908, Kai knives have held a cult status in Japan—and since their European debut in 1980, the rest of the world has caught on. Taking their inspiration from samurai blacksmithing but incorporating modern manufacturing processes, Kai has mastered the art of making extremely sharp, durable knives that feel effortless to use. All their knives are manufactured in Seki, the knife capital of Japan. As their products reached global popularity, Kai has expanded their range to include European shapes like the chef’s knife as well as ambidextrous handles, such as in the Kai Shun Premier and Kai Shun Nagare ranges.Shop Kai