The Mauviel 150 frying pan is made from 1.5mm thick French copper (90%), which maximises heat responsiveness while being light enough to manage. The other 10% is made of stainless steel; unlike old-fashioned copper pans which are lined with tin, stainless steel does not need to be re-tinned every few years and will last forever. The handle—also stainless steel, unlike the more traditional cast iron—stays cool enough that you don’t need a tea towel to grip it. It’s a beautiful piece to keep on a hanging rack. Suitable for all hobs except induction.
Mauviel M’150 and M’200 pans, with stainless steel, bronze, or cast iron handles, are made of pure copper that’s soft by nature. They are polished and finished by hand, resulting in minor abrasions, small black marks or scuffs. These are considered normal and do not have any impact on performance or durability.
Gas Hob Compatible
Electric Hob Compatible
Ceramic Hob Compatible
Why we love it‘Every serious cook should have at least one copper pan, just to experience what “controlled cooking” really means. To me, it means getting fish to that perfect texture, just after it stops being raw but before it starts flaking too much.’
Specifications & Care
|Care||Hand wash; restore lustre with Copperbrill copper polish|
|Dimensions||Diameter 20cm X H 3cm|
|Material||1.5mm thick copper, 18/10 stainless interior (90% copper); stainless steel handles|
|Warranty||Lifetime Warranty against manufacturing defects|
|Country of Origin||France|
About The Brand
Since 1830, Mauviel has been making its superior cookware in a Normandy village called Villedieu-les-Poêles, which roughly translates to 'city of pans'. Known the world over by professional chefs and discerning home cooks, Mauviel produces several collections to fit every kitchen, from traditional tin-lined copper to induction-friendly stainless steel cookware that's ideal for induction hobs. The business has remained in the Mauviel family for seven generations, and it employs 70 highly skilled and experienced artisans to make just over 1000 unique products.
From creation to completion, the artistry with which Mauviel produces each piece demonstrates why the brand sits among the top tier of its industry. Thoughtful details like pouring rims and recessed handles, plus how neatly pieces in various ranges stack together, make using their cookware feel enjoyable. Their products are made to last a lifetime.Shop Mauviel