This Wusthof Classic Ikon Knife Sharpener is an innovative tool which allows for easy sharpening by both left and right-handers. The sharpener allows you to regularly hone and maintain your knives on the 'fine' side. The coarse side can then be used on occasion to recreate a new edge and bring you back to the maximum level of sharpness. The ergonomic handle and the non-slip base of the knife sharpener ensure safe handling.
Why we love it
- Easy to use for left and right-handers
- 2 levels of sharpening
- Ergonomic handle and non-slip base
About The Brand
For over 200 hundred years, the Wusthof has manufactured their knives in Solingen, Germany, known as the ‘City of Blades’. What started as a metalsmith making scissors in a cellar during the Napoleonic Wars is now an internationally recognized name for high-quality European blades. The company, which is still family-owned, produces no less than 1200 knives and kitchen accessories that vary in style and price range, but are consistent in high quality.
We love that they employ the most up-to-date procedures throughout the entire production process, consisting of:
- Measuring the blades before sharpening using lasers
- Calculating via computers the precise sharpening angle for each blade
- Sharpening the blades on a whetstone using precision robots
- Special final polishing of all blades using a special disc
If strict quality standards are not achieved, the knife is not approved for sale. That’s why Wusthof’s trident logo symbolises their three core values of passion, diligence, and perfection.Shop Wusthof