1 tbsp Cointreau, optional
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, milk, water, and butter. Add Cointreau, if using.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until mixture is combined. Do not over-mix, as this will result in tough pancakes
- Melt enough butter in a crêpe pan to lightly coat the bottom
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter into the centre of the pan and spread thinly with a crepe spreader, or give it a good swirl. Fry until edge of crêpe looks dry, then get under there with a spatula and confidently flip; continue cooking until bottom of crêpe is golden
- Serve with sugar and lemon juice, Nutella, or fresh fruit
- For best results, use a crêpe pan—the low sides mean the pan collects less steam, which means better browning and easier flipping
- Practice makes perfect!