Ingredients: Dressing125ml olive oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano (or 1 tbsp dried)
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Ingredients: Salad1 red onion, finely sliced
2 cucumbers, peeled and seeded
400g cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
20 large Kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
2 sprigs parsley, finely chopped
- In a mixing bowl, add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano and mint, along with one pressed or minced clove of garlic. Mix. Add a bit of salt and pepper, but not too much – remember that the olives and feta will add saltiness.
- Finely slice the red onion and add to the mixing bowl to marinate.
- Peel the cucumber and quarter it lengthwise. Cut or scrape out the seeds, then dice into small pieces (about half a centimetre). Add to the mixing bowl to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half place them in your serving bowl. Pit and roughly chop the olives; add to the bowl. Chop parsley and add to the bowl.
- Once you have allowed the red onion and cucumber to marinate, add them to the serving bowl and mix. Crumble the feta on top along with the finely chopped parsley. Taste, adjust salt and pepper, and serve.
- Make sure you leave the red onion and cucumber to marinate in the dressing for 30 minutes or longer. This infuses more flavour into the cucumber and takes the sharpness out of the red onion.