The Kai Shun Premier range is constructed with a core of VG Max steel, famed for its ability to hold a razor-sharp edge. The knives are then clad in 32 layers of Damascus steel, protecting the core from knocks and bumps and lending the knives extra resilience. The blades are then hand-hammered, creating a striking visual effect known as Tsuchime.
This 10 Knife and Whetstone Set is exclusive to Borough Kitchen and includes:
- Kai Shun Premier Paring Knife
- Kai Shun Premier Utility Knife 16.5cm
- Kai Shun Premier Tomato Knife16.5cm
- Kai Shun Premier Nakiri 14cm
- Kai Shun Premier Santoku Knife 14cm
- Kai Shun Premier Santoku Knife 18cm
- Kai Shun Premier Chef's Knife 15cm
- Kai Shun Premier Chef's Knife 20cm
- Kai Shun Premier Slicing Knife
- Kai Shun Premier Bread Knife
- Kai Shun Combination Whetstone / 400/1000
This set also includes the stunning Kai Stonehenge Walnut Pillar Knife Block with slate base. This block is both contemporary in design and practical in use, providing an eye-catching and practical solution knife storage.
All items comes boxed individually.
Why we love it
- Core of VG Max steel for exceptional sharpness
- Walnut pillar knife block provides eye-catching & practical storage
- Ergonomic pakkawood handle suitable for both right & left handed users
About The Brand
Since its founding in 1908, Kai knives have held a cult status in Japan—and since their European debut in 1980, the rest of the world has caught on. Taking their inspiration from samurai blacksmithing but incorporating modern manufacturing processes, Kai has mastered the art of making extremely sharp, durable knives that feel effortless to use. All their knives are manufactured in Seki, the knife capital of Japan. As their products reached global popularity, Kai has expanded their range to include European shapes like the chef’s knife as well as ambidextrous handles, such as in the Kai Shun Premier and Kai Shun Nagare ranges.Shop Kai