David's Maple Salmon
These delicious maple salmon fillets are just the right amount of sweet and savoury. Use your Big Green Egg with some alder grilling planks to imbue your salmon with smokey, woody flavour that will wow your guests.
For this recipe, you place your salmon directly over the coals, on either a grill or grilling planks, exposing the fish to the direct heat of the coals.
Served on burger buns with a crunchy coleslaw salad, this is a super easy dish to prepare and requires little effort to assemble but it’s a real crowd-pleaser!
- 600g salmon fillets (with or without skin)
- 50g butter, melted
- 70g maple syrup
- 3 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Combine the melted butter, syrup, mustard and soy sauce and mix well
- Cover the salmon fillets in the marinade and leave for an hour
- If using planks, soak for an hour and then heat for a few minutes on the grill on either side immediately before use
- Heat Egg to 180°C
- Place the salmon fillets on the grill (or the planks) and grill for around 10-12 minutes (or until cooked to desired level); serve immediately
- Apple wood smoking chips directly on the charcoal are a nice alternative to using the grilling planks