We can't get enough of this recipe - the roasted garlic smells divine, and is perfect for a casual evening at home with friends. Pop some wine and serve with focaccia and salad!
- 400g of pasta
- 2-3 courgettes
- 1-1.5 whole bulbs of garlic
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Flake salt for seasoning
- Red oakleaf and noir de crimee tomato salad with walnut dressing
- Warm focaccia with a little olive oil and sea salt
- A crisp white wine, such as Gavi di Gavi
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Wrap the garlic in foil and roast for between 40 minutes and one hour (until soft but not browned).
- Once the garlic is cooked, mix with the lemon juice and a pinch of salt and blend with 3 tbsp of olive oil in a food processor. You should have a cream-coloured sauce with the consistency of double cream.
- Slice the courgettes about 5mm thick. Toss in 1 tbsp of olive oil and then cook on the griddle.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add the garlic and lemon sauce. Stir vigorously to coat all the pasta and then add the cooked courgettes.
- Serve immediately.
- Pasta shapes with ridges such as fusilli work best as they hold the sauce best
- You can pre-roast the garlic any time you're using the oven. It doesn't have to be hot for the recipe and freezes well
- Walnut dressing simply includes walnut oil, flake salt and cracked pepper with a dash of sherry vinegar