Ingredients1 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp Dijon mustard
75g feta, cubed
1 tsp chopped basil
Grind of black pepper
150g watermelon, cubed or balled
35g pomegranate arils
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, and mustard. Add the feta and basil; let it marinate as you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Use a melon baller to make neat rounds of watermelon, or cut it into square-ish pieces with a knife, until the pieces weigh 150g total.
- Now assemble the salad. Place greens on a large platter or in a salad bowl, add the watermelon, feta with all its marinade, and pomegranate arils. Mix at the table and serve.
- The best part about making salads is how easy it is to add this and that, tasting until you find the perfect balance. So do take this recipe as more of a guideline
- Don’t have watercress? Any delicate salad green (frisée, oakleaf, lollo bionda, rocket, or mixed lettuce) could work here