Ingredients1kg fresh clams (3-4 handfuls)
3 cloves garlic
400g ripe cherry tomatoes
25g fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
75ml olive oil
1 tsp chilli flakes
200ml white wine
Flaked salt & freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Rinse clams and scrub off any debris. Discard any partially opened ones. Set aside in a colander to drip dry.
- Peel and crush the garlic; rinse the tomatoes. Chop the parsley and set aside. In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add salt. Cook the linguine per the instructions on the box, minus 1-2 minutes.
- While the water is boiling, set a saute pan or saute casserole over medium-low heat and add the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Turn up the heat to medium. Add the tomatoes and chilli flakes. Sauté for about 5 minutes until the tomatoes start to break down.
- Add the clams, parsley and white wine to the tomatoes. Turn the heat up to medium-high and cover for 3-4 minutes, until clams have opened. Stir occasionally.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and mix well. Serve immediately, with bowls for shells. Garnish with parsley.
- It’s important to prep all the elements before you put the pasta together, as it happens rather quickly.
- While we love fresh pasta, we prefer dry for this recipe, as it tends to hold on to the sauce better.